Abstract art, an attempt to make a visual representation of reality. An imperfect depiction of what is perceived by the eyes and translated by the brain. Abstract art benefits the artist as a way to express their thoughts visually. Abstract art can convey various interpretations from the viewer’s point of view but regardless, no matter how colors combine and connect, there is a story behind every creation.
Abstract art is seen anywhere even in t-shirts. Create geek t-shirts using abstract design. One of the easiest ways to do this is by using the crumple technique. Here is an easy tie-dye technique for your plain boring t-shirt.
Here is a quick Tutorial from iLoveToCreate: How to do the Tie-Dye Technique
You will need prepare the following things to get started
- Plain white t-shirt
- a flat covered working surface
- any color of dye you desire (two or more color)
Now you prepared all the things you will be needing, let’s start the fun in this tie dye crumple technique.
- First, Fill the dye bottle halfway with the water. The water will help the dye to be dissolve more quickly and easier. After filling the bottle with water give the bottle a good shake for the dye to dissolve quickly. When the dye is now totally dissolved, go ahead and add water until the black line or the limit line and give it another good shake.
- Lay your shirt on your working area. Using your fingertips give that shirt a crumple until you reach the satisfaction of crumpling your t-shirt.
- Take your dye bottle and squeeze that dye on top of the crumpled shirt. Spread the dye anywhere you want, any direction you want for it doesn’t matter this technique will give you an abstract looking design.
- If you want to have your shirt to be a multi colored crumpled shirt then go ahead grab that second color and repeat step 3.
- Let dye settle. Allow 6 -8 hours for the dye to settle on your shirt.
- Rinse shirt and let dry. After 6 – 8 hours it’s now time to rinse your shirt and let it dry. When your shirt is completely dry, there you have it go wear your very own DIY tie dye crumpled shirt.
Crumpled technique is the easiest way of tie-dye DIY shirt. If you want to try the Swirl technique just follow the steps listed above but this time give that shirt a twist and tie it randomly with a bunch of rubber bands. Enjoy your DIY shirt!