Event planning requires a lot of hard work. It will make your hands full due to the fact that you are required to multiple tasks under time pressure. Considering that when preparing for an event, there are certain things that need to be settled for it to be called successful such as the budget, venue, suppliers, basic outline, and contingency plan and so on.
For instance, if your client wants to hold the event in Orange County and you are somewhere from Los Angeles, that would really be tiring because of the travel you will have to make. Of course, you would need to consider the budget allotted for the preparation.
To do this, you will look for an affordable yet elegant place that will suit your client’s want or requirement like searching for party halls for rent in Orange County on the internet. As a business minded person, you would need to come up with unique ways in order for you to get your target dividend for this project.
However, if you are good in handling your timetable and want to be wise as an owl then instead of purchasing materials from various suppliers to decorate the venue for the event or to do some tasks for you, why not do it yourself by applying visual arts. If you have the skill to do it, then apply it for in this way you only not get revenue on your skill as an organizer but also you get to have extra income in becoming a decorator.
Type of Visuals You Can Integrate into Event Planning
- Photography – If you are into taking pictures and know how to take great images at various angles then you can come up with your own studio that you can take advantage of when organizing an event rather than hiring a photographer to do the job for you.
- Calligraphy – it is a type of visual art that involves writing in a skillful manner. Of course, this isn’t just simple writing because it includes designs in every letter you write. This type of skill can be applied when making an invitation.
- Mosaics – a form of art that uses broken materials such as glass or natural materials like stones to form an image of something. This could be used in creating wall decorations or tokens for the guests who have attended the event.
- Painting and drawing – an art in which you make use of different coloring materials and pencil to draw and color the picture you have in mind. Just like the mosaic, this can be applied when making wall decorations or souvenirs for the attendees.
- Pottery – the process in which you form something out of clay such as pots, cups, vase and more. You make use of your hand to mold the clay and form it into any shape you like. You can make a case where you can put the flowers for your event or a very small souvenir for the guest that they can receive after attending the event.
You can do a lot of things to be able to increase your income in organizing events if only you are able to think outside the box.