Art therapy is an effective therapeutic treatment used in many rehab centers. The use of art in therapy proves to enhance and stimulate mental health. Many therapists used art to reach out to the patient’s inner self. It encourages them to express their feelings.
It is a way for patients to communicate emotions that words cannot express.
The art therapist is a licensed medical professional who facilitates art therapy. Miami rehab center have licensed art therapists with proven track record rehabilitating patients.
7 Types of Art Used in Therapeutic Healing
Art is a way of expression that stimulates the mind and body. Often times, the patient’s creation is the result of the emotions they have at the moment of creation.Art is the medium of communication between the therapist and the patient.
Here are 7 types of art used in art therapy.
- Painting. The art of using paint to create magnificent drawings/images that showcase great blend of colors.
- Sculpting. The art of molding and forming one form to another form such as sculptures.
- Dancing. The art of performing body movements into an artistic grace and precision.
- Drawing. The art of connecting dots and lines to create an image regardless if copied or out from the imagination.
- Acting. The art of acting out to manifest scenes, places, or events.
- Music. The art of bringing together sounds and silence into a harmonic piece.
- Poetry. The art of using the human language into an aesthetic expression.
How Does Art Therapy Heal the Soul?
Whatever type of therapy used, the goal is to allow patient-therapist communication. Art has improved many patients in distress. Art made them a better person who acknowledges life and embraces it as a whole.